Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

It's Decision '08! Today is the day! Election Day! Hope you've already went out and voted! If not, what are you waiting for?! GO! I already mailed in my ballot so I get to sit on my couch and watch MSNBC. :)

So, I called my mom about an hour ago. She had just went out to go vote. I've blogged previously about asking her about Prop 8 (which seeks to eliminate gay marriage in California). She was still unsure at that time. And I tried to get her to understand Prop 8 as much as possible without seeming too passionate about it. I mean, I didn't want to out myself yet. But I was still worried that she would be voting Yes on 8 because she has traditional views on most everything. She is Chinese afterall... and Chinese people are quite traditional. So when I called her and asked about it, I was extremely delighted to hear that she voted NO on Prop 8! She said she decided, ultimately, to vote No, although it sounded like she was a little reluctant to do so. But she added, "It just didn't seem fair to do that to them." Despite the reluctant tone in her voice, I still think that's a good sign for me. Maybe it wouldn't go quite as bad if I were to come out to her.

1 comment:

E said...

....and the winner by a large electoral lead is

Senator, or should I say, President-Elect OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!