Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Feeling Depressed

**Just letting everyone know, I put up an "Important People" and "Important Posts" section in the sidebar to help those who are new and want to know a little more about my life**

I can't help it but I'm feeling a bit depressed. First off, I woke today with pain in my left arm/shoulder. My shoulder has been bothering me for about 2 weeks now. It's due to lifting heavy "objects" at work. :P They first told me it was bicep tendinitis, but now I'm getting a tingling feeling down my arm and into my forearm. It used to only hurt when I would place my arm in a certain position or when I'm actually doing the lifting. But now, even when I'm just sitting here, I can feel the tingle. It's really bothering me now and it's just getting me down in the dumps that I can't use my arm that much and that I'm not working out my upper body at all anymore because of it. All my progress that I made with the Hundred Push Up Program is pretty much wasted now...

Second, I am plain broke. I have almost NO money in my bank account, yet I have a bunch more bills to pay this month. I can only barely afford food! I won't be able to buy anyone Christmas presents this year, and it just sucks. I'm so worried about my financial situation. I just need to get a 2nd job somewhere. I would LOVE to work at a Starbucks but I hear they're on a hiring freeze right now. I could start doing substitute work at middle and high schools but my schedule at my current job isn't going to allow for that until at least January... and I need the money NOW!

Third, I'm just plain lonely. I've expressed this before in previous posts. I just want someone to be there when I get home and give me a big hug and tell me they love me. HAHA. That's a lot to ask for. But it's just depressing that I'm nowhere near any of that stuff.

I don't like being depressed. I don't like to hang my head low. I don't like to frown. And especially compared to the problems and troubles that other bloggers are going through right now, mine are just plain silly. But I can't help it right now and I just need something/someone to get me out of this and tell me that everything is going to be alright.

7 comments:

Seth said...

I feel for you right now - everyone is going through a pretty rough time all around - especially some of our fellow bloggers here in blog-land.

Must be something in the water...

re: Arm - did you go to a neurologist? have it checked out seriously

re: job - EVERYONE is having a hiring freeze, layoffs, cutbacks, its really really bad. I hear today that Lowes is laying off many of their workers, closing stores possibly.... the list of places just goes on and on!!

re: money - can you work out some sort of payment arrangements for bills? most times, they will work with you...

re: lonely - well... thats a tough one - I myself have gone way beyond that point into utter defeat and not even caring.

But enough of that sad thoughts. Your problems are not "silly" at all - and your fellow bloggers will all be here to support you anytime you need. Looks like I got here early to comment first, but I'm sure others will chime in soon.

So, hang in there, and keep pushing through - remember you're not alone, and people care about you!!

*hugs*

exalen said...

I agree with Seth, mate. Get your shoulder checked out and give it time to heal if you have to. Better to get these things checked sooner rather than later.

Payment arrangements for bills are a good idea, and I'm sure you can get creative with Christmas presents... you know, you don't always have to buy people stuff and in the end it's the thought that counts. :-)

As for wanting someone to come home to... you and me both. I can't promise that everthing is going to be okay, but we're here today and I think we just have to make the most out of it. Maybe someone will come along, but until then just live life and try and have a bit of fun. That's my philosophy anyway.

*stoic backslap* lol

Anonymous said...

We each must deal with what we are given. Problems are relative to the person.

Here's hoping your situation improves soon. :]

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a new friend for Christmas.

Joie Mayfield said...

:( You're breaking my heart, Doug.

Doug said...

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for saying all these positive things. It really helped. I think I'm feeling a lot better now. :)

Joie Mayfield said...

I'm very glad to hear it! :)