Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jon Stewart Rocks My Socks

Jon Stewart is one of my favorite people in the entire world. I don't know why I stopped putting "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" on my DVR!

Here he is with Governor Mike Huckabee, debating about same sex marriage. I just really appreciate that the two of them had a very civil, intelligent debate on this topic... with a little humor thrown in as well, of course.



(Thanks Ja from gym ra(n)t for this video!)
My favorite quote from the video: "At what age did you choose to not be gay?" GO JON STEWART!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Huckabee even went on the show with him. Bully for him. I guess it's not too much of a surprise, he even went on MTV during the elections.

naturgesetz said...

It was a civil conversation, and that's a good thing. But unfortunately, a TV show like that is not the place where a real in-depth discussion is possible.

Yesterday, I came across this link in the "Adventures of a Christian Collegian" blogsite.

http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2008/12/of-course-she-says.html

It's written by a Christian for Christians, so it's not likely to persuade non-Christians, but I think it shows the kind of consideration of issues that can occur when there is time for more than slogans and sound bites. I also like it because it shows the sort of things that can motivate non-homophobic Christian opponents of same-sex marriage.