Monday, January 12, 2009

Well that was short lived...

Got an email at 4:30pm today...
I regret to inform you that due to changes in our staffing at the high school, we will not be hiring a part-time math teacher at this time. We highly encourage you to check Edjoin on a continuous basis in the event openings occur in the future. Thank you for your interest in XYZ Unified School District. We wish you the best of luck in securing a teaching position during these difficult economic times.
So much for teaching. HA. I guess it's better this way. I really don't know how I would've driven all the way up to XYZ 5 days a week. Major traffic on the freeways that I'd take. It would have probably taken me close to 1.5 - 2 hours to get there because of the traffic. WAY too much time in a car. I did that during my last year at UCLA and I promised myself I would never make such a long commute again!

So... I guess teaching is off the table again, for now. I had my Bank of America phone interview this morning too. It went well enough... but I think it was obvious that I had just woken up. You know how your voice is deeper and less energetic right when you wake up no matter how hard you try? Yea... I had that. And because I had just woken up, I don't really remember how well I spoke, how clear I was with my answers, or how believable my lies were... :P But I guess I'll keep everyone updated on that.

3 comments:

jay.osa said...

awww... you find something

E said...

"how believable my lies were.." LMAO!! Ain't that the truth. An interview is just a test of how well can you lie in a certain time span; and how can you make yourself more qualified than the guy that lied before you.

I hate the sleepy voice. I'm very conscience to try and say a few sentences before answering the phone when I wake up. It is very obvious when someone has just answered the phone from a dead sleep. I over-enunciate to divert any suspicion.

naturgesetz said...

Maybe a sub teacher position nearer to home?