Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Leaving

I'm getting on a plane Wednesday night on a 10:20pm flight to Hong Kong. I have some passport/identification card business to take care of. You see, I was born in Hong Kong, and that apparently makes me eligible for a special identification card for the Hong Kong S.A.R. I've been needing to take care of this for a few years now but just haven't found the time to go back there. But since I'm currently not getting any hours at work, it's perfect time for me to go. However, it's really a VERY short trip. Kind of a waste of money... but my parents wanted me to take care of it, so whatever. I'm leaving Wednesday night and won't be arriving in Hong Kong until Friday morning (~6:00am, due to crossing the Date Line and all...). And then I'm flying back to the States on Tuesday night, arriving back in California also Tuesday night (again... Date Line). I just have my second job that requires me to be there Saturdays and Wednesdays. So I'm already missing this Saturday... I can't miss that next Wednesday too! So I had to be back for that.

While there, I'll also try and visit Hong Kong Disneyland. Actually... I WILL visit Hong Kong Disneyland. Make it my #1 priority. :P And then of course, visiting with relatives and all that comes in at a close second. I'm just excited to go back to EAT EAT and EAT! Hong Kong has one of the BEST variety and quality of food in the whole world! Just watch the Travel Channel or the Food Network. They'll tell you! Hong Kong is like a heaven for fatties like me! I'm probably going to come back at least 10 pounds heavier.

Well, I definitely hope to keep everyone up to date while on my trip to Hong Kong. I'll have internet access. So I'm sure I'll update the blog every night. I'll take loads of pictures and share it here too. :)

10 comments:

Tris said...

Have a safe trip.

Lightning Baltimore said...

Have fun! Do you try to sleep and sleep and sleep on the plane or read or do other stuff?

J said...

have a great trip

E said...

Doesn't sound like a waste of money to me! I'll take a trip to Hong Kong any day.

Hish said...

Mmm, sounds like fun! Have a great trip :)

Do you have any Chinese relatives (even if it's just through marriage)?

Anonymous said...

Fatty?! LMAO!!! If you came bakc 10 pounds heavier, Doug, you'd almost be a healthy minimum weight.

Anyways, have fun, be safe...and bring back a pair of chopsticks for me (something colorful and different, I collect chopsticks). ^_^

Anonymous said...

You're not fat..Phat maybe.

That's BS they tell you about the international date line. Its really a long ass flight.

Hope you don't have a middle seat-between a couple of real fatties.

Have Fun!

Aek said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! Don't let the jet-lag destroy you too much. XD

I thought most people in Hong Kong were pretty slim, at least they were the last time I went (like, over a decade ago o.O). I don't think you'll gain THAT much weight. In any case, you're slim enough to be buffered against coming back as a fatty. :P

Mmm, food . . .

Guardactor said...

Have a safe trip! and bring back some food for the rest of us stuck here in the states! :-P

torchy! said...

oh wow - now i'm jealous. hk has gotta be one of my absolute fave places in the world.

have a gr8 time
torchy!