Saturday, January 17, 2009

My back...

So I woke up this morning (yes, morning... it was a miracle in the first place that I woke up before 1pm), and went to go to the bathroom. Then to wash my hands and face and brush my teeth. As I bent over the sink to rinse my mouth, my lower back had this HORRIBLE pain and I had to stand straight up again real fast. I tried to bend over again to see what was going on and the pain was still there. It's not a shooting pain.. kind of a dull pain... but it hurts and I couldn't really bend down or even sit down for quite a while. Slowly, I trained myself to adjust my back to a certain position so that I could actually sit in my car and drive.

And the worse part is today was my dance class at Disney. It's our little "preview" of the new parade that we're auditioning for. So it really wasn't the best day to be having this pain. The whole time warming up for the dance class, I was in pain. Having the ability to bend over is pretty important in dance....

I just worked through it. The pain has subsided, but it's still kind of there. I just have to be careful how I sit and stuff. This has happened before. And it kinda just went away after a few hours last time, so I hope it's the same this time. I'll just make sure to stretch? I dunno. I went to the athletic trainers last time and they couldn't tell me what was wrong.

I knew I should've gone to the chiropractors this past week... I was just too lazy to call for an appointment. This is a sign that I need to go make an appointment..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO Dougy! NO! Frikkin chiropractors are working on such outmoded methods of medicine. Sheesh, like the frikkin middle ages. You need physical therapy, and you need it NOW. Unless you need surgery, don't waste your time with those back hacks in chiropractic medicine.

Anonymous said...

ya dude, i agree with james. backs are nothing to fuck with in that fashion, especially lower back. please get it looked at. soon.

Aek said...

:( Maybe you twisted it in your sleep. Feel better soon! And if not, see a PT about it. :)

Diary of a Mad Latino Man said...

I hope your back feels better. Go see if chiropracter if needed. I am a firm believe in them!

Love,
Peyton

Anonymous said...

I went to a chiro for years. My back would go out about 24 hours after lifting something heavy. It would happen monthly.

After getting a deep tissue massage I have not been back to the chiro. I have had four massages over the last two years.

I have flat feet and that caused lower back problems. The chiro made custom arches for $400 that did not help. Now I use EnerGel insoles (Walmart $12) and don't have those problems.

Good luck.