Monday, September 29, 2008

Week 5 - Push Ups

Still doing my push ups - but I'm afraid Week 5 is kicking my ass already. I'm only on Day 1, and I had to take longer breaks than specified in the program. I made it through all the push ups, but it was tough. I had to do 40, 32, 30, 25, 40. That's 167 in total. Jeez that's a heck of a lot. I MIGHT actually repeat Week 4 just to build up the strength before going back to Week 5. The program does encourage you to repeat if you don't feel like your strength is ready for that week. OR, I might downgrade to the middle level on Week 5. (I guess you have to go check out the 100 Push-ups Program website to know what I'm talking about)

Damn, I'm tired now. I should get to sleep. I've got too much on my mind and I just want to sleep them off. Guess I'll have to save all of that for another blog.

4 comments:

Tris said...

Harden.
Up.

And no... not in *that* way. :)~

null said...

I thought I was going to rock 100. I hit 65. I'll try again tomorrow with proper warm up.

Joshua said...

Omg ew pushups.

I do about five until I get bored and move on. :D

But congrats and I admire your perseverance in the face of boredom!

Doug said...

shane: lol. I SHOULD just tough it out and do the highest level. I'll keep you updated on that when I do Day 2 tomorrow.

ja: 65 is way more than I can do! what do you do warm up for push ups? I'm thinking warming up for that will probably help.

joshua: haha. I didn't think I could do this many push ups before, but the program really works. you should give it a try. SIT UPS on the other hand.. definitely EWW.