Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Politics and Economy

I've promised myself that I'm going to be more politically aware for these elections. That's why I TiVo-ed the Presidential Debate from last week and am watching it now. However, I'm more focused at Sen. Obama's tie being crooked than what he's actually saying. Also, Sen. McCain's tie is too wide, and makes him look even stumpier and fatter. And I love how neither of them are giving straight answers to the questions the moderator is asking...

UPDATE: An hour after I started watching the debate, I found myself passed out on the couch, drooling on the seat cushion. I'm hoping the Vice-Presidential debate will be a lot more interesting to watch...

To further deter me away from voting, I just read on Yahoo News that voting can be hazardous to your health. Studies have shown that on average more people die in car crashes during voting hours on presidential election days than any other Tuesday in October or November. Apparently, it's an 18% increased risk. GRRRREAT.... Definitely mailing in my vote.

And regarding the bailout plan... I was watching Jay Leno last night and Russell Crowe was the guest. The United States has roughly a population of 300 million people. He proposed that the government should use the first $300 million of the $700 billion in the bailout plan, and give $1 million to every person in the US. THAT will increase spending and stimulate the economy! LOL. I find that plan so funny and yet so great because I'd LOVE $1 million. I can just fantasize about all the things I would buy! Well, the first thing I would do is go on vacation!
Um.. Edit: As J from DC Cised pointed out, I am the worst college graduate in the world and can't do any sort of math because Russell Crowe's plan would give us each $1, not a $1 million. So I feel like the biggest idiot and should probably just lay in a ditch somewhere and wither away...

In other news, I've added the new "Blog Followers" gadget on my sidebar, and it's showing a very sad and embarassing ZERO followers. I'd really appreciate it if I get at least some sort of number higher than 1. :) I've been using the Blog Followers on my Blogger Dashboard and I think it's a really convenient way to keep track of all the blogs that I read. So I think you should utilize it too.

4 comments:

dccised said...

that would actually give each person a dollar.

Doug said...

HAHA, I feel like an idiot. I swear I graduated college.

Well, maybe I heard him wrong on the program? First $300 billion will give each of us $1,000. That's not too bad ;) I'd take that!

Tris said...

Not to worry dl!
I have added you to the following thingy - not really sure how it works. :x

Aek said...

I'll be a follower! Just as soon as I'm caught up all the way with your blog. o.O This may take a few more hours . . .