Thursday, October 2, 2008

Loss

I feel like I just lost a friend.

I got back to my apartment today after visiting family and turned on my computer. The first site I go to nowadays is blogger.com where it lists all the blogs that I follow. I was happy to see that London Preppy had posted another entry. But the happiness quickly turned to sadness as I read the first line: "This is the last London Preppy post."

For the next 25 minutes, I sat there reading his final post and then the 98 comments that had already been posted on the entry. And while sitting there reading through all of them, I couldn't help but be in utter shock. It's amazing how London Preppy was a part of so many of our lives. No doubt that if you're reading this blog you're familiar with his blog. And 98 comments in the 2-3 hours that he had published that entry. And I'm sure there will be tons more by the day's end.

London Preppy was a big reason for me to start my own blog. I enjoyed his writing and his openness (well, sorta..) and it inspired me to be open about my feelings and write about them. This blog has really become quite therapeutic for me. And I do owe a lot of that to LP.

And every day for the past 2 months or so that I started reading LP, I've become so much of a fan of his writing because his humor is just dead on. His ability to make the most mundane thing absolutely hilarious is why he has almost three quarters of a million visits.

I think I might just go through his entire Archive and just read through every single post. I'm just really sad right now that it's coming to an end. As if I haven't been depressed enough....

1 comment:

null said...

I'm in the same boat.