Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friends With Benefits... So Far So Good

So it's been a week since we've decided to be friends with benefits, and I think it's working out just nicely. In addition to the awesome dinner and a movie we had last week, we've also been to the gym together. That was fun because he showed me how to use a lot of the equipment at the gym. I never use the machines because I feel like an idiot having to walk up to the machines and read the instructions... so it was nice to have someone just show me how to do it.

And then yesterday was his birthday. We started his birthday celebration with a midnight showing of Harry Potter. The movie was long, but it was nice to hang out with him. I really would even call it a date. We sat together, and were pretty close the whole time. He was very touchy with me. After the movie he came back to my place and I gave him his present. I decided NOT to do the ice cream thing... I figured the movie tickets were good. And then I gave him the Aussiebums. He seemed to like it. I showed him that I had matching ones, which I was already wearing. hehe.

I had also invited him to go to the House of Blues, but his friends ended up taking him out to the bars to celebrate, so he called me and thanked me for the invite but had to decline. (I was fine with it cuz I was actually really tired and just needed to relax at home, which is what I'm doing now) Then he also told me that he was wearing the underwear I got him and that they're really comfy. He also said that his friends thought they were sexy and he bragged to them that I got them for him. :) That made me feel pretty good -- I picked a good present. hehe.

So, I don't know what you guys are thinking, but I'm thinking what we have going on is pretty good right now. So what if we're not officially dating? I feel like we're doing some pretty date-y stuff. We still have plans to have an at-home movie night to watch "He's Just Not That Into You" and several epsiodes of "Doctor Who" and "Buffy." I'd probably call that a "date" in any other circumstance. But yeah, I just think that maybe he likes that we don't have the pressures of officially dating, and frankly I think I like that too.

But with there being no real commitment, I just have to remind myself not to get too emotionally attached to him because things can end at any moment. I don't see that happening soon because it really seems like we're enjoying each other's company a lot, but I just can't get my hopes up about him, I guess.

Well what are your opinions on the matter?

2 comments:

Godfrey said...

well it seems like you two are having a nice time together. it definitely sounds more like dating to me too. even if you aren't "officially dating". but just be careful. it sounds like you're considering these things dates, but he might not be seeing it that way. in his mind it might be more like going to a movie with a friend who he can just get kind of physical with.

who knows though he might be thinking what you are too. but you can't be sure because there hasn't been any commitment.

if i were you, i'd enjoy hanging out with him while it lasts. if things are still going well a month or so from now maybe you can see if he's ready to get a little more serious. if he's still not though, you might be wasting your time. it just depends on what you want. if you just want sex and a friend, then you're set. but if you want something like a long term relationship, this guy might not be the right one.

oh btw. i added you on yahoo. we should chat some time. :)

Aek said...

Hmm, seems like things are going well. Like you said, be careful not to get emotionally attached. Also, don't get complacent either - if it's friends with benefits it's just that (for now).

I haven't seen you online in a while. o_O