This post is in memory of Razz, who died a year ago yesterday. He was an awesome guy and he portrayed his energetic and fun-loving nature through his blog. I miss him terribly. Here is my favorite post from his blog:
In the last week, I've inquired about and sent out resumes to so many different companies for so many different job openings. I really think it's time for me to move on from my current job or at least get an additional job because I need the money.
But I did want to share with everyone some of the jobs that I have applied for. Some are pretty normal and would be awesome to get because of the money or because it's what I want to do. And then some are just kinda funny and I think is just nice to think about.
1. Apple Store - I've wanted to work for Apple for so long. It's not secret that I'm an Apple Fanboy. And this week, one of my friends who already works at Apple referred me and sent in my resume to the managers. So hopefully something comes of it.
2. High School Summer School Math Teacher - I stumbled upon this opening the other night. The education budget in California is in such bad place so I think a lot of people will be jumping on this opportunity. But hopefully they'll at least consider me. This would be a perfect way for me to see if I REALLY like teaching because it'll only be for the summer. And the pay is pretty good.
3. Various Disney Openings - As a Disney employee, I have access to all the job openings within the larger Disney company. And there are TONS of openings... most of which I'm not exactly qualified for, but I still applied to them. Some are management positions. Some are actually related to education. We'll see if I even get a reply from any of those.
4. Ice Rink - I talked about my interest in figure skating and how I'm going to be training. I'm going to be writing a more in depth post about that soon. But my new interest in skating doesn't come cheap. Each time I go and practice on the ice is $8. I'm taking some classes that allow me some free sessions, but it's really not enough if I want to get really good at it. So I decided to apply to be a Skate Guard (like a lifeguard, but on the ice rink) and Box Office Cashier at two skating rinks nearby. I'm hoping that either of those jobs would allow me free time on the ice. I actually really hope I get this!
Now here comes the fun ones...
5. Go Go Dancer - I randomly was thinking about how I need more money and what are the best ways to get the money quickly and easily. Well, all of a sudden, being a go go dancer popped into my head. I've never really thought about doing this... most likely because I think it'd be totally awkward and I know people would be judging me. BUT, I thought about how much tips go go dancers must get every night! Now, I don't even know if I have a chance.. but I inquired about upcoming go go dancer auditions for Gameboi at Rage, a club in West Hollywood where on Friday nights it's Asian night. I went to the website and those go go dancers are RIPPED. I'm nowhere CLOSE to what they look like.. but if I can find out when auditions are, maybe I can workout more often. I will have an actual goal, which may help motivate me more. But I'm definitely keeping this as a possibility.
6. Cameraman/Prod Assistant for Randy Blue! - OK this one is the best! HAHA. I follow Randy Blue on Twitter and one day, they tweeted that they needed a part time cameraman/production assistant and to email them if interested. Well, I jumped at the chance. Why not, right?! Filming hot guys have sex?? C'mon! Best job ever! I emailed them asking for more information and they replied. Pay is decent and the hours would be pretty nice. I'd still be able to keep my regular job too. So I emailed them my resume (not that it would help because I don't think a Masters in Teaching would help me be a porn site production assistant). So I'm not really holding my breath for this one, but I just think it's totally funny and awesome that I jumped at the opportunity.
So there you have it... the various jobs that I applied for this past week. That's a lot, huh? I guess we'll see if anything comes of this. I really hope I get a reply or two. Like I said, the ice rink one, I really want to get. It'd be in addition to my normal job, and it'll help me get more skating in. So it's really the biggest win-win for me at this point. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and send your positive thoughts this way. Thanks guys. :)
I absolutely love the Olympics. They are my favorite TV program to watch. I'm going to have to say that I like the Summer Olympics better, but the Winter Olympics can be just as exciting! I'm not a big sports fan.. I don't usually seek out sports to watch on TV. I enjoy the occasional basketball game on TV, but I don't really watch many others. However, the Olympics are just different for me. Maybe it's because I get to watch so many different sports.. sports that aren't normally televised. For the Winter Olympics, I'm talking about all the downhill skiing, snowboarding, speed skating, figure skating, and bobsledding. I found myself watching them EVERY single night for these 2010 Vancouver Olympics. But I also think it's because I'm watching these athletes with so much passion and drive. These people trained ALL their lives to become the best at what they do. And then they're all gathered together, peacefully, at these Olympics games to compete against each other. How incredibly cool is that??
And like I said before, these Olympic games has reminded me of my interest in figure skating. Why had I not thought about skating before the Olympics? Well, I was thinking about this the other night, and it's because I think figure skating is a pretty... feminine sport. HA. And in 2006, when watching the Torino Olympics and the figure skating, I also thought about taking up figure skating as a hobby. But I think, either consciously or subconsciously, I didn't want people to think I was gay by going figure skating. Remember, I wasn't out back then... So I was careful with a lot of things that I did. But now, I've been out for almost 2 years (to my friends) and I obviously don't care if they think I'm gay for skating... cuz I AM gay! :P So I'm really serious and I'm taking the classes and working hard to become a great figure skater. My goal is to actually compete in Adult Figure Skating Competitions! It would be SOOO cool! Can't wait to keep everyone updated on this new development!
And now to conclude the 2010 Winter Olympics blog posts, I will post several pictures of Olympics hotties! ENJOY!
Aksel Lund Svindal
Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue (um.. how cute are these pics?!)
Just going to write about what I think is interesting.. which may or may not be too interesting to you. But it's helping me work through things in my life.
Keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the blog at all time and enjoy the ride!
Feel free to send me emails or write comments! I love both! Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are some people that I refer to on here a lot, so I might as well give an explanation of each to help you guys out. :) And in the beginning stages of my blog, I gave everyone initials or aliases. But after a while, I just started using their names (unless it's a very unique name). So I'll point those initials/aliases out as well.
Jon (formerly JW): One of my best friends through work. First real friend that I came out to. SUPER gay. But I love him just the same :)
Jen: My ex-gf. Were together for 6.5 years. Found out I liked guys, and that was pretty much a deal breaker. We're now best friends. She says that I'm the Will to her Grace. :P (though I kind of hate that analogy because I don't like Will that much...)
Jamie (formerly J): First boy that I had feelings for and had sex with. Apparently we didn't want the same things though. LOTS of drama with him, and was the reason I started this blog. Click on the links in the "Important Posts" section to find out more about him.
Barry: My good online buddy! He lives in the UK, and we found each other through an online chat room. We talk about everything together and it's so nice to have someone that I can open up to. I tell him more stuff about me than anyone else!
More to add later!
Here are some important posts/series of posts that you may want to read if you're new to my blog. In which case, WELCOME!